Tuesday 3 April 2012

our wedding: decor




The flowers made our wedding décor. And that I can only attribute that to Kim, my unofficial official wedding co-ordinator, and Wimpie, my flower artist. I had ideas for colours (green, pink, purple, grey, white) and Mom planted succulents galore, but Kim and Wimpie did the rest. They pinched some lavender from Kim’s garden and some other cool greeny grey leaves from one of her neighbours. So we just had to buy the roses, lillies and gerberas.

We used these recycled glass bottles instead of vases, an idea that really appealed to me. It amazed me how gorgeous any ordinary bottle can be just by removing the sticky label. Try it!


Wimpie also had the idea to wire my Granny’s brooch (my something blue) into my bouquet. It looked wonderful, and really made the brooch stand out.



We are huge fans of Frankie’s Soda since first trying it at Piggly Wiggly in the Natal Midlands a few years ago (aside: they do the yummiest breakfasts, if you are ever in the area). So we decided to order a few cases straight off their website and served them with cute grey stripey straws (which you can find at In Good Company). A bit of lace and voila we had our pre-drinks!


The seating plan was handmade with love by The Hubby by doing various clever woodworky things with white paint. And then we ordered business cards with each guests name printed, Mom hand wrote all the table numbers (like a superstar!) and I found some tiny tiny pegs at Flowerspot. Oh and the buttons were fun, we just chose a whole lot in a range of colours and glued them on!


For more on our wedding, check out our ceremony and our post on bloved.
All beautiful images by Estefania Romero :)

No comments:

Post a Comment