Sunday 1 September 2013

my faith

I have alluded to my faith on this blog, but never really put it out there before. I think it's time.




I believe
- in God
- in Jesus Christ
- in prayer
- in Christian community
- in going to church on a Sunday
- in sitting quietly in the morning sun with my Bible and my notebook and writing to God about life
- that I am a better person since I started going to church
- that you should never believe Hollywood when it comes to religion
- very few Christians are uber conservative zealots with a desire to judge their way through life
- in the same way, very few Muslims are bomb toting extremists
- that God sees all sin the same, so don't think you are entitled to judge that gay guy walking towards you
- that those who don't believe in God must have a hard time with peace
- everything happens for a reason, often a reason that only God knows
- it is hard to love everyone like the Bible teaches us
- some people are easier to love than others
- that I didn't know friendship until I was part of a homegroup* 
- that marriage is important and not just a legality
- in a spiritual world
- that many people in the world feel like something is missing
- that human beings were born to worship something or someone
- we are all in danger of worshiping money
- that I go to the best church in the world**

*a meeting of a few members of the church usually during the week, usually in someone's home, where we read the Bible and pray and share stories and eat lovely eats
** OK this one is pushing it a bit, but hey I can have my opinions right? ;)

Photo from oncewed


No comments:

Post a Comment